Monday 3 December 2012

Monday blues

1st Monday of the month of December.  22 sleeps till Father Christmas gets here. Yeyy! I should be excited. I love this time of the year but I am just not in the mood at the moment.  I've only just started my Christmas shopping, the tree and decorations are not up yet and the worst of all I haven't bought an Advent calendar for the kids yet! *shocking* Some decorations and my advent candle are still in boxes in the garage from when we moved in June *big sigh* I am such a bad, disorganised mother :{ In my defense I had to help out a friend for a couple of days so my housework has stacked up and my to do list has got longer.  I should get cracking but I haven't got the energy.  I have things I need to get off my chest but I won't say too much.  Things always work themselves out...I hope so. :)

Another problem we have is that DS's room has a damp corner which we can't get rid off so he's sleeping on his mattress in our bedroom floor :}

Nothing much to report in diy front but I have a few pics to show.
 
The stairs is having its 1st top coat as I write


I saw a cushion cover made from a shirt so I have go myself and was quite please with the result :) Dh has had a clearout of shirts.

The cabinet is finally cleared out and the top separated from bottom.  And I'm working on priming the inside first before doing the outside.  I am making progress albeit very little :)



Another go in the patchwork, table mat this time appliqueing? labels and tags from clothes.  Too ambitious! Not happy with the result, wonky...lol


I feel slightly better now so must do something useful before I lose it again...enthusiasm, I mean :)

Happy Monday!




2 comments:

  1. That cabinet is going to look stunning when you've painted it. I love the blue shirt cushion, good way to re-cycle DH's shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew! finally finished the top half. The cushion is so easy to do and very smart too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...