Saturday 15 December 2012

Display Cabinet finally finished! Almost...

Remember, the display cabinet I was working on for ages...well since Oct?  I think this was too big a job for me and I got bored so Dh had to help me a bit.  Pushing me to finish before Christmas because it's taking up the space where our tree is going to be.

It's finally finished! Yeyy! Well, almost. We still have to put the glass on the doors and since 1 of the them is broken.  Not during the move, wayyyy before but we just didn't bother getting it replaced.  We still have to get some at the glass place in town where Dh got the glass windows for his shed in the summer.

My BEFORE pic was not very good, I took it when we moved in this summer.  This was my In-Laws that was passed onto us when me and Dh first moved in the old house.  It housed Dh trophies, boxes of crystal glass, bottles of wine and champagne (his winnings, we don't drink), pictures and bits and pieces like DS's christening money boxes, candles etc...I was really hesitant to paint but I didn't love it as it was.  I didn't like the dark wood.  Dh didn't  have a choice in the matter but he I think he's starting to come around but just didn't want to admit that it looks better now :)
BEFORE                                                                                     


















These knobs with painted roses I found in the CS, I think it was about £2 for 9.  I'm not too sure, it's white against cream.  I think I prefer the old ones, metal dangly, but 1 is broken so if I find a matching one they might go back on.

The back, I stuck on the wallpaper (from the CS £1 for the new roll) with double-sided tape so they can be  changed easily.

I'm really pleased with the outcome :)


14 comments:

  1. It's lovely! You did a great job. I used to have a very similar one but I sold it. The one I got in its place is waiting to be painted like most of our furniture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! Why did you sell yours? did you paint first? I want to see, want to see a pic, is it in your blog?

      Delete
    2. No it was pre blog. I couldn't fit my books in it but it was lovely! My furniture changes all the time. My husband loves it. Not.;)

      Delete
  2. Love your display cabinet, it looks lovely.Thanks for stopping by my blog. I was an original shabby chica. All my makeovers are on there. I look forward to reading yours.From one follower to another Happy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! I added you on my blog list so I look forward to your updates. I would love to see your makeovers!
      Hope you had a good day!

      Delete
  3. That is one fab makeover. I bet it makes the room look a lot lighter. I sometimes get halfway through a project and need somebody to cheer me on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it certainly does! am hoping to paint everything brown in this house. Glad it's just not me :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mary Grace,I just found you on Karen's
    Fabulous make over You 've done a great job. It look sooooooo much better , because I love white too;)
    nice knobs you've found. perfect match
    I just followed you, might be you'd love to exchange
    wishing you have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Mary Grace,
    I believe the knobs more perfect the old ones. sorry I didn't realize the knobs were white and the furniture was cream ;)
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayu, Thanks for the lovely comment :) I have just discovered my love of whites and creams this year so still quite new but loving the effects so far. The knobs are staying put for now :) Would you mind pointing me to Karen's Fab makeover? would love to check it out! Yours hearts are so sweet!

      Delete
    2. Hello Mary Grace,
      Thank you so much for your visit and follow me as well.I am very happy and appreciate it.
      Thanks so much for lovely comment.
      I will check it out
      I had inserted my craft for this moment to Karen link party

      http://whitenroses.blogspot.it/2012/11/big-sew-on-purse.html

      have you seen my before after posts in my blog. I just started as well to restore the old furniture ;)

      happy crafting and Happy Christmas
      hugs from Rome

      Delete
  7. It looks great, well done!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Liz, Thank you! I have just become your newest follower :) your charity finds are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary Grace,

    I am wishing you a very Happy Christmas to you and your loved ones
    May Joy and happiness be with you all
    Blessing
    Ayu

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...