Friday 14 June 2013

Lunch bag for the teachers

It's nearly the end of school year and I have been thinking of what I can give as a thank you present for the teachers at the nursery where DD goes.  She only started January but she's happy there and the teachers are lovely.

I saw this lunch bag tutorial and I had a go.  It took me a while as I only do a  bit at a time at night before bedtime and there was too many pieces.  Luckily I made a pattern so I can make the other 2 a bit quicker.  It is so cute! I want to keep it :) They are made from tea towels I bought from Wilko in the sale.   I came back if they had more of them but they have the new range which aren't as pretty.  I found some more from Asda and Aldi today.  They are thick cotton and I don't think I'll be able to find similar fabric so the tea towels are my best option.


 

*Table update - Am onto my last top coat. And now DH said to get rid of the table and chairs. I don't think so! Let me enjoy it first :)

Next project is a Tudor outfit of DS for the school parade at the end of the month. But I am shirring another dress made from a fabric bought from Dunelm £5.99 / m. I normally get fabric for £1 / m in the Asian shop so this was a big purchase for me but it's worth it cos it's' beautiful! I can see me addicted buying fabrics.  I plan to give this dress to a friend's daughter from school who passed me a few school dresses for DD when she starts in Sept. 

9 comments:

  1. The lunch bag is lovely, I'm sure your daughters teachers will be thrilled with them. I can't wait to see your table and chairs finished xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous bag. It makes a lovely gift. I'm also looking forward to seeing your furniture painted! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nicci! I hope they do. Nothing exciting with the table and chairs I just want them done so I can do some more sewing...:) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they don't like those bags they're mad, I know if one of my little ones at school bought me that as an end of year gift I'd be over the moon! Xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Alicia!
      from your newest follower. Will check out your blog soon!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...