Saturday 24 November 2012

Perfect day for sewing!

What a  miserable day. Wet and windy all day but the sun did peep out for a little while this morning.  Someone collected my glass dining table set this morning.  A little sad to see the chairs go as they were so comfy but we have this regency style dining set in the shed that I bought for a bargain price of £20...specifically bought to make over...The Giggle SmileyDh likes the dark wood but I scratched the top when I was trying to put it together (unintentionally, of course! The Winking Smiley  ) Similar to this one from gumtree.  The chairs are not the comfiest so I plan to put foam before recovering.  Oh, yes I did DD's high chair because the cover of the chair was torn apart and padding picked by a curious toddler. 
   
I would like to turn them to this:
 





It's a pvc cloth from Laura Ashley, £12.50 for a metre and something from their bargain bin. So unlike me to spend that much on a material.  Looks good though and just what I was looking for so I guess it was worth it. It was tricky to get the back smooth as it is slightly curved so had to glue the pvc first before stapling. I would like to sand this high chair/table one day too. 

It is a perfect day for sewing or any indoor activity really.  I sewed a smaller cardi for DS from DH old golf cardi.  Not happy with the result. I didn't get the neckline right and the shoulders could've been narrower.  I don't think DS will wear it though.  I got this £4 size 20-22 pj bottoms in Asda in the sale rack, fabric feels nice so I decided to buy it and managed to make 2 trousers for DD and DS.  They can't keep still long enough for me to take pics though...lol

A little vest from my old pj top.  Following this tut by Craft Gemini . The head was too small though and it won't fit through DD's big head...haha But I enjoyed making it and will definitely make again.

Remember the apron, I added a frilled pocket to the front.


And made one too for my miniME... :0)
Linky parties:

2 comments:

  1. The furniture makeover looks great I'm sure you will manage to do it wonderfully and the high chair has been given a new lease of life. I like how you think outside the box with giving clothes a new lease of life, and the 2 trousers out of 1 is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...thank you very much! x I just thought cutting up my own clothes would be cheaper although I bought the trousers...lol. It will be a long time before I can make a start with the table and chairs. Am such a slow worker :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...