Monday 12 November 2012

Sewing catch-up!

A couple of things ticked in my sew: to make list;

Tie-backs - First time I used interface, because the blue fabric is so thin. It made it a lot stronger/stiffer.  I think I will be using it a lot more.  I bought the one that you iron-on for £1.50/pm not sure if it's the cheapest but it's a local craft shop that I go in often for a browse. I think it looks too short and wide but it looks fine when up.  I want to make another one for DS Chelsea curtains so that one will be slightly better or maybe just a rectangle shaped one. Waiting for Dh to drill and put hooks.



reference:
https://sew4home.com/projects/curtains-panels/modas-half-moon-modern-sewing-room-tab-top-butterfly-curtains

Fleece trousers - my first clothing project. Both are blankets to start with. 1 for 2yr DD and 8yr DS.  They were really useful, DD wore hers over her tights and it didn't matter when she kept falling/tripping in dirt/mud :) DS said his is very comfortable. I need to make the next one slimmer as this was a little wide. And learn to do pockets.

I have a problem with my machine.  My thread keeps breaking and stitches skipping. Is it because it's fleece and it's thick.  It doesn't do it when I sew cotton or thin fabric, just fleece.  Maybe someone can help? Do I need to do adjustments and change needles or something?



This lady has some great tutorials for kids clothing:
http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-and-pattern-kid-pants-the-basic-pants.html


Apron  - A friend was looking for an apron when she did my washing up for me :) so I searched for a simple tut. The same fabric as my curtain, basket liners, and peg bag.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...