Wednesday 17 July 2013

More Clothes...dresses and boys shorts

Please don't complain about the weather :) we have waited for the sunshine and some warmth for so long.  Slap on lots of sun cream, drink ice cold water and eat ice cream / lollies!!!!  Mango and passion fruit shake for me from McD''s or Costa's.
More sewing was done last few days and I'm trying to make a well-fitting pair of shorts for DS.
Shorts no. 1

I copied this design for a pair of shorts that was made for him.  2-front pockets and only elasticated waist.
Shorts no. 2

Another version of pillowcase dress.  Strappy with elasticated chest.  Added a pocket too.
I laid some of my fabrics and was thinking what I could try and make next.  The little dressy top is so adorable and very summery so I thought I copy the shape since it fits nicely on DD.
 I came up with a reversible A-line dress.  Shame that the fabric is not cotton, thin and feels cheap but the prints are lovely.  She has worn it once and I will be keeping it for winter to be worn with long-sleeved, turtle-neck top, plain tights and boots.

It's another simple dress.  Cut 2 x the fabric and bind the arm holes, neckline and hem with bias binding.  Make a button hole and sew buttons on the shoulders. And it's done! Only problem is on one side,  the shoulder straps are up, I will just tuck that under.  And the buttons underneath. I don't know if it will be uncomfortable.  Will have to see if I get any complaints :)

I have to get back to painting again.  There are few bits I'd like to paint like frames and the middle of the table.  Just need the motivation to start.  But for now I'm finishing the last of the 3 lunch bags I'm giving for DD's nursery teachers.  And hoping to make a name bunting for DD's little friend who's staying. She will be going to big brother's school in September.

Keep cool everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...