Sunday 19 May 2013

A little alteration...

While browsing Make it and Love it, this blog is inspiring me right now! I looked for some of DD's tops that she doesn't wear because it's too big, long-sleeved or too plain.

It's only something simple, this unloved long-sleeved top with elasticated cuff. I turned into short-sleeved so she can wear it when it's a little warmer.

A Monsoon jersey dress, long-sleeved and shapeless.  I  replaced it with flutter sleeves and sewed elastic on the waist.  I loved it by but DD won't wear it. She's not keen on the sleeves.
These are all good practice for me when I actually make one from scratch.  I was at Dunelm the other day and lusting over lovely fabrics that can be made to little dresses but I can't bring myself to buy them yet until I'm confident enough.

And this unit to go in DD'd bedroom, bought FB selling page for 5.00 (can't find pound sign on my new keyboard).  The owner had a cat and the baskets are a little tatty so I made a liner for them from a left over fabric.  I cut a Next double duvet cover into a single.  DD's bedroom has a new carpet, guess what colour?  PURPLE! It's looking lovely, at first I wasn't convinced.



2 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with the little Monsoon dress its very pretty. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it too. Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...