Friday 17 May 2013

From tights to leggings

I was planning to buy some leggings for DD because all her trousers are looking like Michael Jackson's (they stop on her ankles) I noticed recently and other parents are commenting how tall she is getting.

On top of my drawers are tights and socks I have been saving to pass onto someone because I can't bear to throw them away.  I had an idea to cut the feet and just hem the legs. A quick google and Make it and Love it tutorial came up! Great! I don't have to buy some leggings. And here are my attempts.  You can add frills too! 2 tights down lots to go!


I tried making a hot pad and oven mitt too.  I like using bias binding but they're fiddly to make your own so I ordered myself a bias binding maker :) Can't wait to make some lovely patterned ones!

These are the tea towels from wilko sale.  I sandwiched an old towel for padding,  you're supposed to use 'Insul-bright' but am making do of what I have at home and read that someone used an old towel.  I haven't used it yet but I will let you know if I burn myself :)  They can be made into different shade too and the heart shaped ones are lovely!


 



3 comments:

  1. Thanks Nicci! xx Do you have a blog so I can follow you too, if I don't already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea. My daughter is the long legged variety and constantly grows out of her tights. This would help!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...