Wednesday 17 October 2012

Nearly up to date...

About 4 months ago, we've moved to a 3-bed semi-detached house.  Our family have  outgrown our little 2-bed terraced.  Some good and not so good memories in the old house and I shall miss it all the same.  It's now been gutted and renovated by the new investor owner to be rented.  Next door, old grumpy lady, is not happy (I imagine) with all the hammering and drilling going on.  Running up the stairs (midday!), we used to hear her banging on the shared wall.  She was lucky to have us next door.  I hope she doesn't get a young couple into parties and rock music.

Now we're in a nice and roomy 3-bed.  DH said I can design and he will turn it into reality.  He is handy with his tools and I'm lucky!  it's so expensive getting someone to do something for you these days...

So I'm making bits and pieces for the house while DH is doing the construction part.

So far I have made a very simple curtain for the front  window in the living room.  I couldn't find a nice pattern but I found a king size duvet cover, very thin though.  I might make a lining for it.  I want to have a go at making a matching tie-back.
Pink cabbage roses in blue.  I painted the curtain pole in LA chalky pink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...